SAVE 10% on Six of More Bottles • We Deliver • SHIPPING NOW AVAILABLE

Lo-Fi Gamay Noir


Out of stock

Vintage: 2020
Region: Santa Barbara, California, United States
Viticulture: Organic
Grape variety: 100% Gamay Noir

Lo-Fi Gamay Noir is a juicy and easy-drinking favorite from Santa Barbara County. Raspberry and cherry fruit, dark floral, and spice.

Song: Rebound by Sebadoh

Additional information

Out of stock

Save 10% when you buy six or more bottles (mix and match) 


About Lo-Fi Gamay Noir

Lo-Fi Gamay Noir is sourced from two vineyards located in Santa Barbara County. 80% of the grapes were destemmed and fermented whole berry for 10 days. The remaining 20% saw carbonic maceration for 8 days. The two lots were then combined and aged in neutral French oak for 6 months. Only 230 cases made.

About Lo-Fi Winery

Lo-Fi is a partnership between two lifelong friends, Mike Roth and Craig Winchester. Their ethos is to embrace the unpredictable and uncontrollable factors in vintage and vinification, much like audiophiles derive pleasure from the clicks, pops, and hiss of their favorite vinyl records. The duo has built vineyard connections and winemaking chops that put them in a position to deftly guide the fermentation process of these vibrant wines without manipulations or additions. Lo-Fi is marked by easy drinking, low alcohol, neutral barrel—if any—oak, native yeasts, little or no sulfur or other interventions that hide the fruit or the vintage that spawned it. Nothing added and nothing is taken away.

Lo-Fi wines began quietly at the time Mike Roth was working at Martian Ranch and Vineyard in Santa Barbara County. Roth also had winemaking jobs at Grigich Hills and Saddelback. But one harvest at Martian offered Roth the opportunity to work with some leftover fruit. He wasn’t planning anything serious or long-term, just a glou-glou wine for himself and his friends. The project continued with the partnership of Craig Winchester (assistant winemaker at Martian Ranch then) and a few harvests went by with the two making more and more to the point that they had a small inventory of wines. Things were ramping up and the wines were getting really good.

Mike Roth launched Lo-Fi Wines in 2014 and continued production while working as winemaker with Coquelicot Estate whose wines shared the Lo-Fi spirit. Mike Roth and Craig Winchester continue Lo-Fi Wines as a high-priority passion project and business while maintaining their winemaking “day jobs.” In fact, Roth’s relationship with Coquelicot continues today with the Coquelicot vineyards as the majority source of Lo-Fi’s fruit. Today, the wines of Lo-Fi are vibrant and fun. They are leading the way for a new generation of California winemakers that aren’t seeking points or collectors, but getting back to the roots of what makes wine exciting and enjoyable.