SAVE 10% on Six of More Bottles • We Deliver • SHIPPING NOW AVAILABLE

Adega Saiñas Ribeira Sacra Silente

$28.00

Out of stock

Vintage: 2021
Region: Ribeira Sacra, Spain
Viticulture: Organic
Grape varieties: 95% Mencía & 5% Garnacha Tintorera

Adega Saiñas Ribeira Sacra Silente shows fresh red berries, wild savory spice, and fragrant violet tempered with graphite, and a spice quality Mencia appeals to many. This is a denser style with less floral and more spice and red fruit.

Song: The Mechanic by Amigo the Devil

Additional information

NATTINESS

Natty

FRUIT

Black Cherry, Blackberry, Red Cherry

BODY

Medium-bodied

ACIDITY

Fresh (Medium)

ALCOHOL

12-13%

OAK

Neutral Oak

TANNIN

Medium

SWEETNESS

Dry

SERVING TEMP

Room Temperature (63°–67°)

SULFUR

Very Low Sulfur (less than 20mg/L)

VEGAN

Vegan

IMPORTER

Selections de la Viña

Out of stock

Save 10% when you buy six or more bottles (mix and match) 

ABOUT THE PRODUCER

About Adega Saiñas Ribeira Sacra Silente

Adega Saiñas Ribeira Sacra Silente shows fresh red berries, wild savory spice, and fragrant violet tempered with graphite, and a spice quality Mencia appeals to many. This is a denser style with less floral and more spice and red fruit. A perfect introduction to the key red grape of Galicia.

This wine is the result of a group of small plots of property in the town of Espasantes, where the winery is located. Each plot is made separately and the vinification is different to get the maximum potential out of each one of them. A blend of 95% Mencía & 5% Garnacha Tintorera from 20 to 50-year-old vines at an elevation of 340-420 meters. The soils
are predominately sandy loam with a predominance of granite. The percentage of whole clusters varies between 25% and 100%.

The harvest took place in the second half of September. Manual harvest with the selection of clusters in the vineyard and the winery. Indigenous and spontaneous malolactic yeasts. Some of it was aged in 85% stainless steel tanks and the other 15% in French oak barrels. This is a wine of synergies, where different plots come together to make a wine
without artifice and as sincere as the soil from which it comes. Annual production is 10,200 bottles and around 12.5% abv.

About Adega Saiñas

From the winery:

Surrounded by vineyards Javier Fernández González wanted to return to his roots and show that in the lands of the Ribeira Sacra – an area in which the harvest is one of the most complicated to carry out due to its vineyards hanging from the mountains on terraces at a respectable height. the best broths could be made. Saiñas is the result; the fruit of the passion in winemaking, the care of the vineyards themselves, and the careful harvesting and preparation of the musts.

In 1992, it was the first time that Javier released a wine under the Saíñas brand, a wine before the establishment of the DO Ribeira Sacra made with Mencía, the native red grape of Galicia. Since then he has been achieving success; He was awarded numerous times both nationally and internationally. Later we created a second brand; Javier Fernández, who has also received several awards.

Our winery is located about 300 meters high in the heart of the Ribeira Sacra in Espasantes (Pantón), on the banks of the Cabe River (a tributary of the Sil) in the subzone of Ribeiras do Miño where the microclimate and the properties of the granitic soils almost sandy, they provide a freshness to Mencía that differentiates it from the standard wines of the Ribeira Sacra.